Flexera Software App Portal empowers employees with on-demand software provisioning through an enterprise app store while helping IT deliver and manage the consumerization of IT with complete visibility into their software assets.
App Portal provides strong administrator capabilities to simplify request management while maintaining strong controls over how people obtain and use applications. Software request management features include:
- Simplified Application Catalog Management—Administrators use templates to add software, hardware and security group provisioning to the software catalog. The administrator can specify a number of attributes for each application, such as the approvals required and whether deployment is to be immediate or scheduled.
- System Center Configuration Manager Integration—App Portal integrates with Microsoft System Configuration Manager, leveraging the deployment capabilities of System Center 2007 and 2012 to deliver applications to users quickly and efficiently. It also leverages Configuration Manager data to help you manage software requests and software assets more efficiently. App Portal supports the 2012 Configuration Manager application model, which defines policies and relationship rules to evaluate user identity, application dependencies, device type, and network connection. As a result, you can deliver each application in the most appropriate way.
- Active Directory Integration—Integration with Active Directory makes additional user information available — for example, Group and Organizational Unit. App Portal uses this information to determine which applications a person is entitled to access based on the person's role within the enterprise. As a result, App Portal can tailor the app store catalog to each user, displaying only those applications that the user is authorized to access.
- Intelligent, User-centric Deployment—App Portal supports user-centric deployment and reduces IT administration by enabling intelligent deployment to the proper device based on type and configuration. Without this capability, administrators must explicitly match the proper deployment type to the proper device. Users can also associate and manage their devices within App Portal, further reducing administrative overhead and empowering business users. If a user's computer is reimaged or the user is migrated to a new device, Configuration Manager automatically reinstalls the latest version of any application previously delivered through App Portal. This eliminates the need for the user or a technician to request the application again.
- Multiple Languages and Currencies—App Portal supports seven languages out of the box and can be extended to more. The administrator selects the language to be used in communicating with each user as well as in the application itself based on the user's location. Support for currencies based on exchange rates or static values are available to show costs in a way that is familiar to the end user.
- Question Templates—Administrators can incorporate mini-interviews into the checkout process to gather pertinent information about the software request. Answers to questions can be flagged as required or optional. Question templates can also be targeted to approvers to provide budget, purchase or other needed attributes.
- Automated Approval Cycle—Administrators can specify the type of approvals required for each application based on a variety of factors such as application cost and user role as determined by the Group or Organizational Unit contained in Active Directory. Examples include approval by everyone in a list, by only one approver in a list or by one approver at each level of a list. Administrators can designate deputy approvers in case a primary approver is not available. They can also delegate the responsibilities to regional, local and departmental administrators.
- Approver Decision-making Support—App Portal provides information to help approvers make the decision to approve or disapprove a request. Examples include the business case presented by the user during checkout, as well as license availability and application cost. Approvers can also suggest alternate software if they see fit.
- Communication—App Portal provides more than 60 email notification templates that can be tailored to the enterprise's communication standards. Templates can be translated into local languages with variable fields containing the desired data elements. Reporting and Audit Trails—App Portal maintains a complete history of software requests, approvals, installations and purchases, providing an audit trail for software license and regulatory compliance purposes. The history also provides useful business data that guides the business in assessing the value of its software purchases and helps managers understand key performance metrics with respect to software usage.
- Reporting and Audit Trails—App Portal maintains a complete history of software requests, approvals, installations and purchases, providing an audit trail for software license and regulatory compliance purposes. The history also provides useful business data that guides the business in assessing the value of its software purchases and helps managers understand key performance metrics with respect to software usage.