RayQC - Quality and Compatibility Management
Ensure the quality of your software packages
The quality control of a product does not only start after its production, but accompanies all phases of the product lifecycle management.
Quality control is an underlying factor during the entire lifecycle of the product, from the planning phase through its actual production and implementation, all the way until its end-of-life. This is highly relevant when it comes to Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management. Errors or conflicts in software applications and their packages can have serious consequences on the receiving clients, as they often lead to the failure of business-critical applications and thereby create high costs as well as long term damage to the reputation of IT departments and enterprises.
Intelligent test rules and quality control processes that ensure a high level of automation in repetitive tasks are needed to avoid these issues and provide a constantly high level of quality. Standardization, automation, and flexibility are fundamental steps to ensure flawless functionality and error-free applications. After years of experience and numerous successful IT projects, we have perfected the art of software packaging quality control with the product RayQC.
RayQC is a rule-based tool used to create and execute test criteria in one or more checklists.
It offers various modules to check the quality of applications and software packages throughout the Application Lifecycle Management process. It also allows you to integrate your own test criteria. The execution of the various test phases is typically done via a combination of manual (i.e. are there available and sufficient licenses for the application?) and automated tasks (i.e. are the MSI properties set in accordance to the packaging guidelines?). In addition to the ‚easy to use‘ Checklist Viewer, it is the rule-based interpretation of the test results which brings the quality assurance offered by RayQC to an entirely different level. For instance, by using the predefined interpretation rules in RayQC, there is the option that the overall quality control phase will not fail, even though one or more test criteria are set to ‚not achieved‘. All the control steps are also summarized in a final quality report which is then handed over to the next packaging process phase.
Therefore, RayQC meets the requirements for a software packaging quality control tool. With RayQC, you will immediately see a reduction in errors, and in the longterm, secure the quality of business processes, which in turn will drastically alleviate the excess burden put on IT and Helpdesk alike.
- Create and manage user-defined report profiles
- Maximum security against manipulation of your checklists via certificates
- With the new resource management, checklists are stored together with all necessary documents and graphics in one single file
- External Plug-ins can now be implemented using PowerShell and allow full access to all system resources and information
- Easy creation of XML-based checklists with the Checklist Editor
- Create your own test criteria for each individual quality control phase in the software packaging lifecycle
- Define how to proceed with each test result. Does a “failed” test lead to a rejected package or does the tester simply need to document the reason for failure to move onto the next test phase?
- Documentation and export of the test results in the Quality Report
- Export of the test results (in DOCX, HTML, and PDF)
- Automate part of the test routines (runbook) through the integration of your own or Raynet’s developed automated test scripts
- Start tests directly from RayFlow and integrate the overall process management with RayFlow
- The option of uploading the quality reports into RayFlow
Best-Practice-Workflow for Enterprise Application Lifecycle Management