Endpoint privilege management
ENDPOINT PRIVILEGE MANAGEMENT
Eliminate unnecessary privileges and elevate rights to Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux and network devices without hindering productivity.
Prevent breaches without hindering productivity. BeyondTrust Privilege Management for Desktops and Servers combines privilege management and application control technology in a single agent, making admin rights removal simple and scalable across desktop and servers.
Why BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management?
- BeyondTrust Privilege Management for Desktops and Servers meets least privilege and identity access management guidelines by removing user / admin privileges and whitelisting trusted applications across all endpoints - even in the data center - while trend reporting and analysis demonstrates compliance with GDPR, SOX, PCI, DSS, NIST, HIPPA and many more.
- Deter insider attacks by giving access to only to the applications, tasks, and scripts users need. And prevent external attacks that rely on trusted applications and elevated privileges to execute malware and move laterally across your network.
- The turn-key Quick Start policy makes automated privilege access achievable overnight. Users operate from the safety of standard user accounts while enjoying the flexibility of admin accounts - all without IT frustration. The single lightweight agent makes deployment and maintenance simple.
Stop Attacks by Removing Excessive Privileges on Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux, and Networked Devices
Available for multiple platforms
Reduce the risk of privilege abuse or misuse on Microsoft Windows and macOS by elevating privileges to known good applications that require them, controlling application use, logging and reporting on privileged activities. More info >
Enable sysadmins to perform their duties under the safety of a least privilege environment. Application control rules keep the server locked down, ensuring that only known and trusted applications and scripts can execute. More info >
Achieve compliance and prevent and contain breaches that can effect Unix and Linux systems by eliminating credential sharing, auditing activity, and elevating commands without requiring users to have root access. More info >
Enforcing Least Privilege and Removing Admin Rights Eliminates 77% of Critical Microsoft Vulnerabilities
So Why Don't More Businesses Enforce Least Privilege?
The latest BeyondTrust annual report found that of the 192 Critical vulnerabilities reported in 2019, 77% would be mitigated by removing local admin rights from users. That's a compelling case for enforcing least privilege.
So why are so many organizations hesitant to implement a full scale least privilege policy? The tension between security and productivity is often the barrier that prevents the removal of local admin rights from all users.
To address this challenge, BeyondTrust offers industry leading Endpoint Privilege Management solutions that are easily deployed and dynamically exert granular control over access to applications, tasks, and scripts. By elevating access for applications without elevating the user’s actual privileges, the experience is seamless to end users and keeps them productive and protected.
Free White paper: The Annual Microsoft Vulnerabilities Report
The 2020 Microsoft Vulnerabilities Report compiles every Microsoft security bulletin from the past 12 months, analyzes the trends, and includes viewpoints from security experts. Below are some of the key findings from this year's edition:
- In 2019, a record high number of 858 Microsoft vulnerabilities was discovered
- The number of reported vulnerabilities has risen 64% in the last 5 years (2015-2019)
- Removing admin rights would mitigate 77% of all Critical Microsoft vulnerabilities in 2019
- 100% of Critical vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer & Edge would have been mitigated by removing admin rights
- 80% of Critical vulnerabilities affecting Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 would have been mitigated by removing of admin rights
Download the full report for a deeper dive into these findings, and read the exclusive commentaries from industry experts.